Friday, July 06, 2007

The end of "Swan"


I always liked watching lawn tennis. Wimbledon is one of the special events, and I guess no fan will miss it. But the real attraction for me was Maria Sharapova in her inspired "Swan Lake" dress. With all the frills in it, the viewers were in thrills. She had already attracted my attention many a times before by her play and her "Russian" looks, but this was something entirely different for me. I have never seen the Swan Lake ballet and neither do I regret it. This girl here gave me more than a ballet on the court.

But its a shame she is out now. I would have liked to catch a little more of that dress. At least till the finals. But she played like a duck (not a swan), more like a duckling against Venus. It was a whitewash and Maria is now gone swimming back. But even if she isn't the winner, I bet nobody can't beat her in sporting a better outfit.

No comments: