Thursday, May 24, 2007

Making free voip calls

Who doesn't love to talk??? And with the added word free everyone is interested. Well, those of you who aren't you are all welcome to leave.

The story so far...

A cool guy at Voip guides and Solution has shown how to make free calls. A quick review wont do any harm.

Just go here. Register yourself for a free account. In minutes you will get a toll free number to call and the extension.


So where was the problem???

As far as I remember the problem was that mostly you were getting the busy tone. Perhaps Jaduka figured it out. One way Jaduka could have detected it is it started checking the origin of the phone call. Just a thought.

Anyway I was just messing around and I figured out a way. All you need is a US proxy. I still don't know if other countries proxy works or not. Tell me if they do.

After you get hold of a proxy, open yahoo messenger. Go to Connection Preferences>Connection and configure it to use the proxy by entering the Server name and port. All done?

Now just connect using that proxy and make the call to the toll free number. It works! It is working for me till now and for my brother too. So I hope it works for everyone.

Comments are welcome.

No comments: