Sunday, May 06, 2007

Joost sucks???

Till now everybody I have asked and what I quite experienced myself is that Joost sucks if you don't have the right computer or if you are looking for more channels. Even with right computers above 1 gig RAM Joost fails to run sometimes God knows why. Yeah, it has got a good picture view but not very different from others. And all th asking about Joost invitation I guess has made it more popular. Joost knows how to market after gmail got famous by this method.

For me I am happy with Sopcast whenever I need to waste my time on th internet. It has got a lot of more channels than Joost and the picture quality isn't that bad. And you can watch a lot of movies online except that would be the same as downloading and watching it. You can watch a lot of channels live though here like NBC, Star Movies, HBO, etc.

PPstream and PPlive are good also but they are in Chinese. So until and unless you know how to read Chinese I wont recommend those for you. Joost works on the same concept as these except it increased the quality a better. But if its the content you want, then Joost is left behind. PPStream and PPLive do have some English patches so that they can be viewed in English. So I will recommend to try them out. I didn't have a good experience with Joost and I still like to use SOpcast. But can joost make it better when it really opens itself to the public?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TVants is another Internet TV option with a few servers and many channels. For more info www.tvants.com tobroadcast.com

Anonymous said...

Joost should speed up their Linux client. Until then, Joost news will remain boring. It they want techies to use their Beta product, they need a Linux client.