Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"CAN I SCREAM..........."


As a kid , whenever(quite oft)I thought about the encounters (not at all wished for)with robbers, thieves or burglars(as if I was a policeman).......the question which popped up in my mind(I hve a question generating machine..do not confuse it with a pop corn popping one)...

"Would I be able to scream or I shall succumb to fear
And close my eyes to die a coward's death?"(living like cowards is almost like dying , aint it?)

My much thought about and popped about questions came alive .
A burglar broke into our home (He didnt get any other place to be in)
It was midnight , I had just got into my bed after learning my lessons at 2 pm (what a student)
Imagine what happened, he stood right before my bed , assuming me to be half dead(soundly sleeping.)
I heard something and opened my eyes a bit , I saw...[couldnt run out of room].....a---aaa---aaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaa-----aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I saw....................who else than he, the his highness, burglar standing right across .

I always thought I would lose the sense of speaking if it ever happened but unlike my thoughts,I got up instead of shutting my eyes from the glaring truth [that he was right there]and screamed.......MUMMMAAAAAAAAA,HERE'S SOMEONE[ wasnt heroic?]

C'mon my shriek made him run away & due to my "VOICE POWER" we didnt lose anything.
The local newspapers repoted it as a brave act .But I think "Necessity was the mother of my shriek's invention"

My popping machine still works as it used to, the only difference is that it asks a different question for such a situation:"Can I kick him and tie him up"
For chekcing this out , I need a new burglar, what are you waiting for now?
Ready to take a chance ?

No comments: